Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Hero's Journey

We've shown some diagrams in class that were too small for you to really get a good look at. And since everyone has different learning styles for remembering information, I thought I'd give you a wide variety of Hero's Journey charts to see which one works for you!




This one is Joseph Campbell's original Monomyth 17 Stages, which started it all:




The rest are interpretations of Christopher Vogler's Hero's Journey, the hottest structure in Hollywood:






























Which one do you like the best? Let me know why in the comments below:

2 comments:

  1. I think I prefer the hero's journey paradigm.Besides the colourful nature of the image, it gives further explanation of each step. I also like the inner journey one, so that we as authors know what our characters are supposed to be really feeling- so overcompensating with bravado to cover fear-- it's good to know the subtext.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of color, myself. As a visual person, I find it helps me understand the info and memorize it better. I'm glad you liked the inner journey chart! I sort of slipped that one in there. ;p So glad it was helpful!

    ReplyDelete